Sunday, December 27, 2009

Channeling Martha.

I adore Martha Stewart. I have for over 10 years! I can't tell a co workers who won dancing with the stars but I can reenact every scene word for word of the Martha Stewart Living show. Well at least the first 4 seasons before it became a daily show. I also notice tons of details. My most recent was in the original Martha Stewart Christmas book on page 100 and 101 the photo of her Turkey Hill library If you look very closely at the crease of the book at the window you see a little elf on the window sill. It appeared years later on her blog of holiday decor behind her Noahs arch. Its neat to think she had that elf for all those years.

I love my new high backed sofa. I chose the fabric and leg after Marthas brown room Sheraton style sofa in Bedford. But the high back is an homage to Turkey hill. I also have a faux throw draped on the back.
At her Turkey Hill home in the north parlor she had a high backed settee. It was the first thing you saw when you entered the room. I bought one made not of damask but English chintz. Its the first thing you see when you open my bedroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment